Horse Riding in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl
Horse riding fans won’t have to do without their favorite sport at the Edelweiss & Gurgl Hotel any longer. Just 100 meters from the hotel, we have built a state-of-the-art riding arena that meets all international tournament standards. Horsemen and women now can ride in an indoor arena of 800 square meters, which comes equipped with obstacles such as oxers, cavalettis, and steep jumps.
Ten Tyrolean Haflinger horses have been bred in our own stables so that our visitors can ride them both indoors and outdoors. Once a week, our staff takes visitors on guided tours through the riding arena to familiarize them with our horses and the arena. Our instructors Tanja and Simone are happy to acquaint you with our horses and tell you more about our horse riding programs.
In the summer, guests will ride not only in the arena, but also gallop down our bridle paths. We organize group excursions on horseback.
Your options in the Obergurgl-Hochgurgl riding arena:
- horse riding group lessons (maximum of 6 people)
- jumping instruction (maximum of 4 people)
- excursions on our Haflingers (maximum of 6 people)
- pony rides
- equestrian shows
Current rates for the riding arena:
- Lunge Euro 18,-- (20 min.)
- Group lesson Euro 22,-- (45 min.)
- Private lesson Euro 35,-- (45 min.)
- 10 times group Euro 220,-- (11 x 45 min.)
- 10 times private Euro 350,-- (11 x 45 min.)
- Jumping Euro 25,-- (45 min.)
- Child leading Euro 15,-- (20 min.)