Adventure & active holidays in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, Austria
Healthy & sporty during your active holidays in Tyrol
Especially suitable for
Sportsloversenquire online now
Summer vacation, summer holidays, summer breaks: call it what you like, during an active holiday in Tyrol you will discover a multitude of sporty activities in the Oetztal Alps.
Your Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl lies in the Tyrolean holiday region Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, which holds a multitude of possibilities for every single one of your holiday days with plenty of outdoor activities.
Have a look for yourself:
- Hiking, walking and Nordic Walking up into the glacier regions. The Nature Park Oetztal surprises with a multitude of fauna and flora. Listen to marmots whistle and watch mountain sheep.
- From one alpine chalet to the next you can plan your day- and multi-day hiking trips in the Oetztal Alps. At Ramol House you will find a four-star hiking camp located at 3,000 metres.
- Mountain biking in Tyrol: the MTB fan’s heart will leap with joy. During your MTB holiday in Tyrol you can conquer the high alpine mountainscape of Austria’s Oetztal Alps.
- Canyoning and white water rafting through crevasses and on the wild rivers – pure adrenaline and whitewater experience that is out of this world. Only for those with strong nerves!
- Cave exploring and cave hiking: the underground world is different, strange and exciting. Find out what is below during your adventure and active holiday in Tyrol.
- Alpine golf: tee off on the most beautiful golf courses in Tyrol and South Tyrol. Mediterranean flair can be felt at the golf course in Meran.
- Motorcycle tours: the Timmeljoch high alpine road is a “must” for active motorbike enthusiasts.
- Riding: the Haflinger horses at Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl are a safe form of transport. The riding hall or the riding pit are perfect for jumping and dressage lessons with qualified riding instructors.
- Activity programme for children and teens: riding, hiking, rock climbing, swimming. Your children won’t be bored during an active holiday in Tyrol!
Day activity tipsA few activity tips from Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl for your sports, hiking or family holiday in Tyrol.
Alpine Summer Card, Sport and Wellness during your active holiday in Tyrol
With the Alpine Summer Card you have your hiking and mountaineering experiences in Tyrol all sorted. Certified hiking and mountaineering guides will lead you on hiking tours and glacier tours. An alternative programme for all weathers is of course included.
At your sport hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl you can then relax after your outdoor experiences. Alternatively you can continue all the action in the wellness and fitness area of Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl.
And if you are wondering how to best reach Obergurgl in Tyrol: An active and adventure holiday in Tyrol’s Alps is only one short flight away.
With regular budget carrier flights from the UK to the Innsbruck airport or the neighboring Munich airport you have almost reached your active and adventure holidays in Obergurgl in Tyrol, Austria. And the team of Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl gladly books a shuttle service for you so that the last couple of metres to your hotel are also taken care of. Enquire online now about an active holiday in Tyrol at Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl.
Horse back riding, rafting, climbing, mountain biking and more: adventure holidays in the Otztal Valley - your Tyrolean holiday region in Austria.
To the glacier on a mountain bike: enjoying sports in the mountains
Riding the waves: wild water rafting in Tyrolean mountain streams
Horseback riding at the indoor riding school of the Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl
Rafting experts ensure a safe adventure for the entire family
What are the Tyrolean mountains for, if not climbing?
Exploring the ravines, chasms and mountains of Tyrol with a mountain guide
Fun on a mountain bike in Obergurgl for the entire family
A safe tour to the majestic summit with the mountain guide in Tyrol